MC3 Work in Missouri
The Mid-Continent Comprehensive Center (MC3), in conjunction with each state education agency (SEA), develops an annual state work plan. The MC3 work plan for the Missouri Department Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) addresses the following capacity building goals.
- Assist DESE in expanding its capacity to support districts and schools most in need of improvement.
- Increase DESE's capacity to provide high quality professional development by providing the necessary knowledge, skills, and tools to support increased student performance.
- Enhance DESE's capacity to support districts and schools in improving numeracy and literacy instruction for students in grades K-12 by providing professional development and support for implementation of scientifically and research based practices in middle and high school literacy and numeracy instruction based on evidence from reports, briefs, and products and services from social scientists, the content centers, and other providers in the national technical assistance network.
- Improve the quality of instruction at all levels of schools and in supplemental services.
- Enhances DESE's system of support to improve instruction for English language learners (ELLs).
- Build DESE's capacity to improve the quality of instruction at all levels in schools by providing professional development and support for implementation of the Missouri Intervention Model (MIM), a Response to Intervention (RtI) model.
MC3 Technical Assistance (TA) Team
MC3 Missouri TA Liaison Ellen Balkenbush
MC3 Missouri TA Coordinator Patricia Fleming
Missouri State Coordinating Council
- Dr. Chris Nicastro, Commissioner
- Mr. Stephen Barr, Special Education Assistant Commissioner
- Dr. Karla Eslinger, Office of Teacher Quality Assistant Commissioner
- Ms Leigh Ann Grant-Engle, Assistant Commissioner
- Mrs. Sharon Hoge - Helwig, Office of College and Career Readiness Assistant Commissioner
- Mr. Paul Katnik, Office of Teacher Quality Director
- Dr. Ron Lankford, DESE Division of Financial and Administrative Services - Deputy Commissioner
- Mrs. Thea Scott, Director of Three-Tiered Model Coordination
- Dr. Kathy Thornburg, Early Learning Assistant Commissioner
- Ms Margie Vandeven, Division of Learning Services Deputy Commissioner