MC3 Work in Arkansas
The Mid-Continent Comprehensive Center (MC3), in conjunction with each state education agency (SEA), develops an annual state work plan. The MC3 work plan for the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) addresses the following capacity building goals.
- Build ADE’s capacity to support districts and schools most in need of improvement and close the achievement gaps among diverse student populations.
- Enhance ADE’s capacity to to support districts and schools in their use of supplemental educational services to include approval, monitoring, and evaluation of vender services and performance.
- Increase ADE's capacity to provide quality instruction to low achieving students in alternative education settings.
MC3 Technical Assistance (TA) Team
MC3 Arkansas TA Liaison Janie Russell
MC3 Arkansas TA Coordinator Sharon Brooks
Arkansas State Coordinating Council
- Dr. Tom Kimbrell, Commissioner
- Ms Martha Kay Asti, Special Education Director
- Dr. Laura Bednar, Assistant Commissioner for Learning Services
- Mr. James Boardman, Research Technology Assistant Commissioner
- Ms Dana Breitweiser, English Language Arts Specialist
- Mr. Deborah Coffman, Professional Development Associate Director
- Mr. Thomas Coy, Mathematics Specialist
- Dr. Karen Cushman, Assistant Commissioner Division of Human Resources
- Ms Jayne Green , SIG Director
- Dr. Andre Guerrero, ELL Unit Leader/Curriculum, Assessment and Research
- Ms Lisa Haley, Public School Program Manager
- Mr. Elbert Harvey, Statewide Systems of Support Manager
- Ms June Haynie, ADE OERZ Director
- Mr. John Hoy, Assistant Commissioner Division of Accountability
- Ms Lori Lamb, Director of Alternative Education Programs
- Mr. Bobby Lester, Director Federal Programs
- Ms Melody Morgan, Director of Student Assessment
- Ms Mary Perry, Charter/Home Schools Director
- Ms Paula Rawls, Public School Program Manager
- Mrs. Mary Kathryn Stein, Gifted and Talented Unit Leader
- Ms Phyllis Stewart, Chief of Staff
- Dr. Tracy Tucker, Director, Curriculum/Instruction
- Mr. Tony Wood, Deputy Commissioner
- Mr. Stanley Young, Special Programs/Migrant Ed. Program Advisor